White Mountain Locator Map

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Tom for putting the locator together, a real asset to the hiking community.

Regards,

Ridgewalker

footnote

You might want to add a footnote that this map follows the AMC's so-called "White Mountain" list, otherwise people might wonder why Old Speck and Guyot are missing (and both Hancocks are present).

nartreb said:
You might want to add a footnote that this map follows the AMC's so-called "White Mountain" list, otherwise people might wonder why Old Speck and Guyot are missing (and both Hancocks are present).
Done. Thanks for the feedback.

VERY nice, Ive got something similar on my page for all the mountains I ahve climbed. Cept I imported my data from an XML file. God it was a pain to figure out that Google Maps API :)

marchowes said:
VERY nice, Ive got something similar on my page for all the mountains I ahve climbed. Cept I imported my data from an XML file. God it was a pain to figure out that Google Maps API :)

Bubba - not a big deal, I got a tip from Mavs! :D

marchowes - See previous comment! :D

Here is a .zip file of a .kml file, which if you feed it into Google Earth, you will get all NH 48 4Ks. Google Earth mostly has them already, this will simply add placemarks, from which you can take a tour. They are in height-order, which means the tour jumps around a bit, but that was the order of the source data.

(I based the placemarks on the same dataset as the .csv file I posted earlier.)

Enjoy,
Tim

That - is very awesome. Thanks for posting!
It's remarkably accurate when I overlay my track of the AT on it.

Hey, hang on a second. Apparently someone posted to the Google Earth Community a layer file that includes many of 48, and when you click on them, photos pop up along with a link to Dave Metsky's site!

This shows up in Google Earth without me having even downloaded it. It's in the "Best of Google Earth Community" layer under the "Geographic Web" heading.

Thanks Tom, it seem so easy with your locator to reach
all the summit. I had my own summit locator and it beep
inside of my head went the summit is close!! :) :) :)

Rejean said:
Thanks Tom, it seem so easy with your locator to reach
all the summit. I had my own summit locator and it beep inside of my head went the summit is close!! :) :) :)
Yeah, I get an adrenalin rush when I'm close to a summit too! :D

Also, I think some summits have magnets, they draw people to them! :D

David Metsky said:
Hrmm, I'm not exactly sure how I feel about this.
I guess it was done w/o your knowledge/permission. It would have been nice if they had at least given you a thanks. I tried to thank everyone who helped me, and whose data I used. Peakbagger.com was supportive of my efforts and offered to cross link with me.