Party on BLM!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Rankin

Reaction score
We had a record crowd of 61 visitors yesterday! The weather was hot, and the bugs were out in force, but we managed to get away from most of them either in the cabin or in the tower.

Many of the crowd consisted of a group of 15 kids from Frost Valley YMCA who came for both sunrise (6:06!) and sunset, which happened 3 times, thanks to clouds! You had to be there, as they watched the sun 'rise' as it descended out of a cloud, by watching thru their legs! Hahahahahahahahaha!

Also amongst the throngs that visited us, we had Halia and Flammeus (Tom and Heather) who brought us a special treat! Thanks again guys!

We were also graced by the presence of 3 New Englanders: McFool, New Hamp-Fool, and Silent Fool. Great to see you guys, keep up the good work! :D

To the 2 guys that showed up late, thanks, you did the right thing! :)

Thank you Tom and Laurie for the warm welcome! This turned out to be a great hike, and having a guide to point out everything we were looking at (as opposed to the dumbfounded stare of "it all looks Latin to me" had you not been there :D ) was a big bonus. We did make it over to Graham as evidenced by the numerous scratches on our arms and legs thanks to an abundance of thorny bushes! The tower, while small, was pretty sturdy, and I say this because typically I am not a fan of flimsy fire towers :eek: . And thanks to Layrie for the guided tour of the cabin. It was truely great seeing you guys....and after Laurie talked up hunter and SW Hunter and what a great trip it was then that is what me and Russ did on Sunday :cool:.

Brian