2 more amazing PinPin firsts!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Rankin

Reaction score
Just got word that PinPin has finished the Catskill Hundred Highest (102) in Winter, and (I think) all this Winter! :eek:

And, this makes him the first person to do all of the NY State Winter 3Ks (about 324 of them, give or take)! :eek: :eek:

The Rabbit just keeps going and going and going.... :D

Last edited:
Just to put the clock in real time!!!

Thank You Tom.

Before this Winter We never hiked in the Catskills area.:rolleyes:

We started December 21 and finished yesterday Febuary 8, before 9 a.m. in Stoppel Point.

We hiked the 102 mountains alone in 28 days hike.;)

The other days I need to work to pay the Pinpin's family food. Travelling from near Montreal around 320 miles to joint the playground, slepping 4 or 5 nights in the Pnipinmobile was a part of this challenge, after a long day hike returned for a other 320 miles.

Fortunately, Mother Nature was in our side, excepted for the Monday deluge We always have perfect snow conditions.

Thank You all hikers help Us to made this Winter goal.:)

PinpinCats.

Congrats PinPin!!

I would expect nothing less!! :D:D
Now ME, VT (or that is already done!!)?

Great to hear of your successes!!

Wow

That is truly amazing, congratulations!!

I corresponded with Tom regarding the NE770 about 3-4 years ago and at that time he didn't know when he'd get rolling again.

Alain, way to go. Have you thought about making the Catskill 3500 Club banquet this year in March?

Good job Alain !

I thought I read here a few years ago that Tom Sawyer was expected to finish the Northeast 776 or whatever in winter. He didn’t?
He hasn't yet but he's so close it's scary :D He completed the Northeast 111 in winter and also the Catskills 100 in winter. Knowing his "other accomplishment", its' easy to figure out how many he has left left approx ;)

*********************************************************************************************************************

Congratulation Pinpin and it was very fast. At the beginning of the winter
I told other hiker that you might have enough time this winter to do
the Catskill and the Vermont 3ks.

To finish with the end..........

In this Sunny Monday morning..........

Thank You all my american and canadian friends and also all the hikers.

We had a other perfect weather weekend and finished the 3 last We need to hike a second time Balsam, Panther and Slide. (Tom demand);)
We keep the higher for the last just with the nice surprise it was so easy from the Esopus Creek valley.

We take the time to hike also Tremper Mtn the last Fire Tower and appreciated the views.

Now it is the time to turn the page, Catskills area it a great playground, a little bit far of Montreal ;)but a with a good Jazz or Blues cd it was easy to stay allert.

We will return in march 27 to made cheer with the other 3,500 new Catskills Winter hikers.

Pipincats will be disponible for the pictures and signed autographes before He will take a place with Pinpin, Pinpin Junior, Pinpin Queen all retirement.

I hope We will have the luck to shake hands specialy with Jim & Tom.

P.S. BlackSpruce We are not sure to understand your message, Pinpincats suggest Me, the flurries falling when You bring the house down!!!!;)

PinpinCats.

We had a other perfect weather weekend and finished the 3 last We need to hike a second time Balsam, Panther and Slide. (Tom demand);) I hope We will have the luck to shake hands specialy with Jim & Tom.
See my post on ADKHPs (re joining the club formally).

See you at the dinner!