Monroe and Franklin via Ammonoosuc Ravine 5/28/10

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TDawg

Reaction score
Just got my pictures online and figured I'd share them. Mostly because I took a bunch of the damage caused in Ammo Ravine by this winter's avalanche(s?). I don't recall seeing any other pics of it posted, I had no idea the extent of the path. It was amazing to take in from the ground and from above on the trail. It was a short, easy, bushwhack from the trail JUST below the Gem Pool out into the swath created.

Aside from avalanche damage the rest of the hike was a beautiful afternoon spent. Alpine flowers in bloom, warm temps, sun, and just enough breeze to help combat the black flies. First, skipped the Monroe summit across Monroe Flat out to Franklin, then back up the loop trail over Monroe and back down. #33 of 48x2.

The descent was a breeze, helped in large part by many rock steps. This was on both the Lakes side of Monroe Loop and the Ammo Tr. Thank you for the nice work, whoever may be responsible! Almost 5 years to the day of my last Monroe climb, one day off. Weird.

Link to the full album

Last edited: