8/28/05 - Monroe, Eisenhower & Pierce

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

onrhodes

Reaction score
all invited.
Tentatively scheduling a hike up Amanoosuc to Monroe, down to Eisenhower and onto Pierce (Clinton) for 8/28/05.
My wife and sister in-law are going to be doing Pierce. I've already bagged this peak and thought that while they are heading up I would do Monroe, Ike, and meet them on Clinton for a hike back to the Crawford Path parking lot.
Looks like we will be meeting in Crawford Notch area at roughly 9-9:30am.
I'm going to get them to drop us off at the begining of Amanoosuc and they will be starting from crawford path. We will have some limited space for some one(s) who may need a ride back to their car at Amanoosuc.
If it is raining it is a no go, otherwise any and all are welcome to join.
My pace is up in the air. If my friend Andy comes it will be close to book time, if just me it will be about 1/2-2/3 book time or the pace of anyone I hike with.
I've adjusted my personal setting so if you leave me a private message I'll actually know now (sorry to those who tried to hook up with my Willey trip)
or you can email me at [email protected]

-Pete

Last edited:
very tempting... you have picked an "A+" trip IMHO. If my other hike plans fail for that wkend I might be interested.

edit: p.s. don't forget Franklin! It only adds a little teeny bit of elevation gain, you can even double back to do the non-Franklin section of the AT if you are redlining.

Last edited:
Looks like this hike is definitely on as long as the weather cooperates with us.
So, the plan is to meet at the trail head of ammonoosuc Ravine and hike up to LOTC Hut and then over Monroe, Franklin, Ike and Pierce, where we will meet up with my wife and sister in-law. Then down Crawford Path to the parking lot.
Meeting time will be between 9:15-9:30AM. I've got a few interested parties already. Looks like a car ride back to Ammo trail head might be hard for us to do, so please note that if you want to hike with us.
I'll be away camping until Wednesday the 24th, but I will reply to any questions after that.
either leave me a private message or email me at [email protected]

Thanks,
-Pete

This hike is still going on. We will meet at Ammonoosuc Trail head around 9:15. We're leaving Concord at 7am, so that should be about right.
Anyone will to show up is welcome.

I don't know if I will check messages here before tomorrow, so please use my email address listed above if you need more info.
-Pete