A Bear's Den

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RollingRock

Reaction score
The State of Maine 's wildlife dept administers health treatment to adult and baby bears in hibernation (dental check-ups, etc). Wait 'till you see these photos, documenting the work they did to do a health check on a mother bear, and to watch over her cubs while the mother was having dental treatment. The sleepy heads were then replaced in the den by the rangers.

http://candisbradshaw.googlepages.com/ABearsDen.pps

Wow! Really cool--those cubs are so CUUTTEE!!

Thanks for posting.

OMG! That is incredible. No other way to witness cubs so new as that because they are bigger/older when mama brings them out of the den. Thanks for posting.

That was wonderful. Thanks for posting it.

Very cool link and photos.
Somebody must be very good at finding a bear's den. I would be clueless, let alone having the confidence to reach in and bring them out.
Excellent !

Really awesome...

The cubs were the cutest!!!

BUT...I was wicked impressed when they "pulled" momma out of there!!! Let along getting into her MOUTH (did you see how close the ranger's faces were :eek:).

Really awesome...

The cubs were the cutest!!!

BUT...I was wicked impressed when they "pulled" momma out of there!!! Let along getting into her MOUTH (did you see how close the ranger's faces were :eek:).

I too was surprised. I didn't realize how lethargic they could be in winter. I would love to tag along in one of these outings!