A few hours early but - Happy Winter Solstice

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peakbagger

In Rembrance , July 2024
Reaction score
12:30 AM tomorrow. I look forward to longer daylight.

May the winter lists begin!

looking forward to more day light. Seems that every ride or trail run I either start or end in the dark.

Ahhhh. The return of the sun. Somehow it makes the work day seem longer when the afternoons are so dark.

30% of the folks up at this latitude have Seasonal Affective Disorder to varrying exents. I probably have it to a limited amount and what keeps me going is getting out hiking on bright sunny weekends. I will probably get cataracts eventually from hiking in the snow without sun glasses but it sure improves things during the deep dark days of winter.

Phototherapy lights are better than nothing for me but they reportedy work well for many.

This evening I went out and finished shoveling snow :D and it occurred to me that the sun was setting later. Then it occurred to me that this is the first year I can remember (moved here a year ago) that I didn't have a very cranky period before the sun started setting later. Sun helps. Skiing tomorrow. Come visit!

Merry Christmas, too

The days are about to start getting longer ... and colder ... and likely whiter, so I hope that whatever you fall into over the holiday, you come up smelling like balsam fir.