A Warning to Those Who Use Webshots

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roadtripper

Reaction score
I'm sure this has been mentioned here before, but webshots makes it EXTREMELY difficult to backup your photos onto your computer. They make you buy their premium subscription to back up all your albums with one click.

The only way to do it for free is to literally go picture-by-picture through every single album and right click and select "save image".

This alone is a strong argument for not using webshots at all. I'm trying to switch to another photo site and it's quite the challenge.

I'm sure this has been mentioned here before, but webshots makes it EXTREMELY difficult to backup your photos onto your computer. They make you buy their premium subscription to back up all your albums with one click.

The only way to do it for free is to literally go picture-by-picture through every single album and right click and select "save image".

This alone is a strong argument for not using webshots at all. I'm trying to switch to another photo site and it's quite the challenge.

I start with the photos on my computer, which is backed up, and then upload photos to Webshots (now I use Picasa). I lose any captioning I put there on Webshots but that's about it. With Picasa/Picasaweb (and the Facebook Picasa album plugin), I caption photos on my computer, they are stored in the caption field, and I have one-click synchronization with the web version, including captions. I like it much better. You can see a much bigger image too. I keep Webshots for the embedded links everywhere but otherwise I am done with them. Images have slowly been disappearing now for six months or more. See this thread for more information.

Tim

Latest posts