Acadia Nat'l Park - May 6-7, 2006

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great photos!

Excellent photos Artex! You brought back great memories with the shots of the ocean, the trails, the lakes, and carriage roads. I envy that you didn't have the crowds! How much of Bar Harbor was open for business this time of year?

Roxi said:
How much of Bar Harbor was open for business this time of year?

I'd say a little more than half. Many of them that were closed had signs announcing they were opening at various dates leading up to Memorial Day weekend.

Let the tourist madness begin. :)

Great pictures of mdi! bubble pond, the behive, great head, sand beach with otter cliffs in the background, and even the pink granite around monument cove, you caught many of the classic places on the island. nice!

Beautiful pics and a great trip, Artex! And of course after last fall you knew exactly where to go ... :)

Nice pictures. Man, can't believe it's been a few years since we've been up there! That's it we're going up there this year. :)

I love Acadia! Brings back memories of nice vacations with family!

Thanks for sharing those lovely pics!
:)

Artex - fantastic photos and you just gave me an idea! My wife and I haven't been to Acadia in 20 years, shortly after we got married. Since our 20 year wedding anniversary is coming up this June, maybe it is time for us to head back there!

Regards,
Marty

Thanks for sharing the awesome pics of MDI. I have found it to be like paradise up there in the park.

Thanks for sharing - we are headed there for 12 days in late June to do some hiking, cycling, and kayaking - can't wait after seeingyour photos!

Jamie...I'm so jealous!!! I just love Acadia! We haven't been
there in a few years and can't wait to go back. The pictures
are beautiful. Thanks. What a cute dog.

Wish it wasn't such a long drive from Southern VT! What a beautiful park. Thanks for posting the pics Jamie. :)

Camden is closed, haven't you heard? They rolled the sidewalks up so they can pave the street, and it won't be done for months.

Besides, my old time barber is retiring so the population will be down significantly from the previous year.

Actually, the entire state of Maine is shut down. Vacations by outsiders must now be planned elsewhere. :p