Adirondack "healing hiking" July 26-27

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ALGonquin Bob

Reaction score
A family matter last weekend caused me to miss out on a canoe trip based at Rollins Pond (that I was going to lead). I can't drive all the way to Maine this weekend, so I'm considering driving up to the Adirondacks to do some "healing hiking" - July 26-27.

Possibilities:

- MacIntyres: Wr-Al-Ir-Shepherd's Tooth-Marshall, with one night camped somewhere up there.
- MacNaughton & Santanoni (one each day)
- Grace-Carson-Hough via the Bouquet herd path (camp one night on the trail)

OR, I might stay home. Convince me! :D

ALGonquin Bob said:
A family matter last weekend caused me to miss out on a canoe trip based at Rollins Pond (that I was going to lead). I can't drive all the way to Maine this weekend, so I'm considering driving up to the Adirondacks to do some "healing hiking" - July 26-27.

Possibilities:

- MacIntyres: Wr-Al-Ir-Shepherd's Tooth-Marshall, with one night camped somewhere up there.
- MacNaughton & Santanoni (one each day)
- Grace-Carson-Hough via the Bouquet herd path (camp one night on the trail)

OR, I might stay home. Convince me! :D

This is not necessarily to convince you of one option or the other, but just to keep an eye on the weather. It's been a rainy week, the area is currently under a flood watch, and rain and thunderstorms are predicted for the weekend.

Stream levels are definitely a factor, depending on (often localized) rainfall. Right now I would call levels in the East Branch "moderate-full". Burlington TV said this morning that we could get 2" to 5" rain today (Wed.) through tomorrow. If that happens, many "insignificant" streams may be too high to cross.

I appreciate the information regarding the weather and water levels. I was told that it rained for most of 12 hours last Sunday, beginning just before my group began breaking camp for the drive home from Rollins Pond. I hadn't been aware of the continued weather pattern; maybe I'll stay here in WNY this weekend and paddle my kayak.... and my wife might have a few things for me to do as well. Thanks, guys. :cool: