Adirondacks: Feb. 9,10,11,12,13,

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blacklab2020

Reaction score
Clarksville, MD Avatar: Babo, SE Arete, Summit
Two weeks was suddenly created between my Grad career and starting my new job. I am looking for hiking/ice climbing/slide climbing partners for any day or overnight trips in the daks between feb 9 and feb 13.

There are a few things I have had my eyes on for a while which are slide related.

Trip ideas include:

Algonquin via lower slides and the gullies to the right of zero slide
Crescent moon/finger slide on marcy
TNF Gothics (conditions?)
Eagle slide and Rocky Peak Ridge
Dix via South Boquet and Grace
Allen
Santanonis

I am open to technical ice as well. I wont lead harder than a WI3, yet. I will gladly follow on WI4-4+

Please feel free to PM me if interested

blacklab2020 said:
Two weeks was suddenly created between my Grad career and starting my new job. I am looking for hiking/ice climbing/slide climbing partners for any day or overnight trips in the daks between feb 9 and feb 13.

There are a few things I have had my eyes on for a while which are slide related.

Trip ideas include:

Algonquin via lower slides and the gullies to the right of zero slide
Crescent moon/finger slide on marcy
TNF Gothics (conditions?)
Eagle slide and Rocky Peak Ridge
Dix via South Boquet and Grace
Allen
Santanonis

I am open to technical ice as well. I wont lead harder than a WI3, yet. I will gladly follow on WI4-4+

Please feel free to PM me if interested
Check out the ADK 46 + 1 Thread and ADKHP for lots of hikes going on 2/9-10.

Both are great suggestions. I still need the sewards for my w46.

Alistair, I will PM you more about my travel details and plans after I move this weekend.

However this only covers 1-2 of the 5 available days. So Ill be around if anyone is interested in climbing... I try not to hike the whole time. So if I hike one day, I prefer to climb ice or slides the next.

Justin

Saturday 2/9/08

Justin,
Do you know your plans for Saturday yet? ...... The Sewards?

Looks like I have to travel on Saturday (8-9 hr drive) so I was hoping to do the Dix range or Sewards on Sunday.

The dates should be modified to the 10-14th now

If I am not climbing a slide on sunday, I will contact a group in the 46+1 this weekend, and could count me to do emmons on sunday.

Right now I would prefer to attempt eagle slide or the slide on E. Dix if conditions are good, but wont do either of these alone. There was talk of possibly climbing on monday. So there is a chance this may work out for sunday, things are somewhat up in the air still, except I know that I am driving on saturday and looking for climbing partners during the week if people are interested.

Justin

Last edited:
okay...

There was some confusion as to the dates of the 46 as people on that thread are hiking both days from what I saw. Are you interested in the Sewards on Sunday?

I should stress that I am looking for partners during the week, also.

Last edited: