After Party for Grace Hike 8-26-07

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1ADAM12

Reaction score
Here is a link to the after party I am planning. Those of you who have signed up to climb a peak August 26th are welcome to join all of us at the Lake Placid Brewery after the hike. If you are not hiking that day and still want to join in on the fun your more than welcome as well. Also anyone interested in camping I am going to reserve some sites at Whispering Pines as a lot of us will be up in the Daks from out of town. I know that the hikers that will be hiking from Upper Works this is not that convienent but we look forward to seeing you at the Pub after our hike. I will be shooting everyone an e-mail here shortly with more detailed information.

Thanks,
Adam

Whispering Pines Campground

I just got off the phone with Whispering Pines. If you are staying there I need you to call and make your own reservations. When makeing your reservation they will need the first night fee upfront non refundable. Then you pay for the other nights when you arrive. When I get home I will update the list. Right now we have at least 10 people staying there. When you call to make your reservation say you are with the Grace Celebration Group and they will make sure we are all next to each other.

The cost per night is $19 a night for 2 people 1 tent. $29 a night for 4 people 2 tents. I already have 2 tents for my site. When I update later with the names of people and you want to double up to save money get a hold of each other. This is going to be one fun time for sure ;)

Phone number (518) 523-9322

Last edited:
So far the hikers who will be camping at WP are:

Whispering Pines Camping list

1ADAM12 + 2 friends
ADKDREMN (ADKHIGHPEAKS)
Dick and Joanne (ADK FORUM)
Nuked Rocket and Mrs. (ADKFORUM)
Joe H. (ADKHIGHPEAKS)
TeeJay (VFTT)
Rookie (ADKFORUM)
Little Rickie (ADK FORUM)
WyldeFlower(VFTT)
UNADOGGER(ALL THE FORUMS :D )
Mavs and Family(Pretty sure they are coming)
FVRWLD(ADK FORUM)
BorealChickadee(ADK FORUM)

Last edited:
I just wanted to bump this back up. We are going to have one heck of a turnout. Please call for reservations if you plan on camping. If you have any questions please feel free to PM or e-mail me.

Thanks,
Adam

Anyone who does not Frequent ADK HIGHPEAKS Joe H. Is going to have shirts made up for the Grace Celebration Climb. If your interested in purchasing one please let me know through PM or e-mail. The hiking shirts will be that similar to DUOFOLD and will be persperation whick free material.

Thanks,
Adam

1ADAM12 said:
Anyone who does not Frequent ADK HIGHPEAKS Joe H. Is going to have shirts made up for the Grace Celebration Climb. If your interested in purchasing one please let me know through PM or e-mail. The hiking shirts will be that similar to DUOFOLD and will be persperation whick free material.

Thanks,
Adam

Awesome idea and many many thanks to Joe H for putting those shirts together !

This is going to be such a great event, I can't wait!

:D

So what time is everyone going to be at the pines on saturday for a pre/post hike beer drinking, bon fire watching , bash?

It's LPPB for the after party right?

peak_bgr said:
So what time is everyone going to be at the pines on saturday for a pre/post hike beer drinking, bon fire watching , bash?

It's LPPB for the after party right?

Hey Spence! I should be at WP by at least noon on Saturday and I plan on hiking in to Fish Hawk and Indian Head. I have never been there. I think the majority of people will be checked in at least my late afternoon.

Anyone who is interested and is a drinker ;) if you would like to bring a 6 or 12 pack of your favorite brew that would be great. Then we will have enough beer for everyone and just sit back and enjoy ourselves before our hikes the next day. I am also going to bring my pie iron. I have two! I will be making pizza mountain pies and will bring enough for everyone if you would like one. IF everyone brings some snacks and things we should be good to go.

Also, we will be meeting after our hikes at the LPBP. I am sure we will be trickling in at all hours of the evening :D

Adam, I've never heard of a pie iron but it sounds like you make pizza over an open fire with it. If that's what's on the menu we can bring ziplock bags full of various non-beef (think border crossing and mad cow paranoia) toppings (blanched peppers and onions, 'shrooms, and grated cheese . Lemme know.

Nothing beats anchovies to work up a healthy thirst.

Neil said:
Adam, I've never heard of a pie iron but it sounds like you make pizza over an open fire with it. If that's what's on the menu we can bring ziplock bags full of various non-beef (think border crossing and mad cow paranoia) toppings (blanched peppers and onions, 'shrooms, and grated cheese . Lemme know.

Nothing beats anchovies to work up a healthy thirst.

Neil,

A pie iron is a cast iron square thingy :D that you put in the fire with bread and fillings for it. Here is a PICTURE of it. Yes please bring whatever you would like on it.

We were planning on bringing our gas grill again this year to grill something or other on it. Others are welcome to use it as well. Probably arriving mid-afternoon on Saturday.

When I get home tonight I will shoot out an e-mail to everyone and maybe we can get some kind of interest in bringing goodies to eat. Maybe if the weather is crappy we can go party at the brew pub :D

DreamFarmer said:
Drinking ?.... the night before the big climb ?
What kind of people am I associating with ?

Sure why not :D

I have started a thread over on ADKHIGHPEAKS. If you are staying at the campground on 8-25-07 or stopping by and your interested in bringing some food please post at what you will bring.

Thanks,
Adam