Alex's "birthday" hike up Cannon, Dec 31

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrishandAlex

Reaction score
We're on -- weather looks good, Kinsman Trail looks packed. If anyone feels like stopping by, we'll have whoopie pies to share. We'll probably hike/glissade down Kinsman Trail as well.

The four of us are having a little mountaintop celebration in honor of Alex's seventh birthday. If anyone feels like stopping by or hiking up with us, please do so. Hugh and Sage will take the tram up while Alex and I hike. This will be Alex's first winter peak of this season, and her 7th winter peak overall.

Her real birthday is the 28th, when she'll have the traditional kid party in MA. However, she specifically requested a mountaintop celebration in NH as well.

Our estimated time at the summit building is 12pm.

Route: Kinsman Ridge Trail from tram parking lot. We're starting early, like we always do. Our boots will be on trail at 8:30am. We should get to the top by noon, hopefully a bit earlier.

Last edited:
Trish, I was hoping to hike Cannon on Jan 2 (as a warm up to doing Flume the next day). If you aren't able to do it on the 31st, keep me in mind; I'd love to have some company.

Bob, will do. If the conditions aren't right for a hike on the 31st, then we'll reschedule Cannon for January 2. OR -- we might see you on Flume on the 3rd. That's on Alex's list of peaks she wants to repeat in the very near future. Again, all will depend on trail conditions and weather.