AMC Awards Dinner on 4/10

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will you be in Exeter on 4/10 and What did you accomplish?

• Total voters

bikehikeskifish

VFTT Supporter
Reaction score
It's that time of year... Who is going, who should everyone look for, and what award(s) are you getting?

I plan to attend, and I am getting the White Mountain 48 in Winter. In fact, I mailed my application on Monday and got the letter and patch on Friday!

Get your applications in ASAP.

Tim

It's that time of year... Who is going, who should everyone look for, and what award(s) are you getting?

I plan to attend, and I am getting the White Mountain 48 in Winter. In fact, I mailed my application on Monday and got the letter and patch on Friday!
We'll see you there! Laurie is getting the 48, 67, and 115 patches! :)

I have my patch but I decided to wait so my wife and I could get our scrolls together, she's on track to finish in 2011. I asked Eric Savage if that's OK and he said yes, so I have no problem waiting. We've hiked so much over all the years we have been married, but I think the last steps to get our scrolls together will be the some of the most exciting and anticipated steps in my life.

Is this like the Iditarod where they give you the Red Lantern for coming in last or not at all?
If so...I'll be there! :)

On a more serious note, congratulations to all those receiving their well deserved awards.

Exeter

We have not applied yet for NE 67 though we completed it this past fall..we were waiting to complete another round of NH 48 before filing the application, still have Jefferson and S. Kinsman to finish..Lefty E

We'll both be getting our White Mountain - 48. Tim will also be getting his for winter. Applications are sitting here in front of me, I need to get them into the mail today!

Valerie

Will not know until this weekend whether UNH makes Frozen Four in Detroit on 8-10 April. No certificate or patch for wNHHH, but I heard that they might read off names, maybe. :confused:

I'll be there, mostly as a good excuse to avoid going to another party I've been invited to that day. :D

I'll also be getting the scroll for finishing the 48...already got the patch in the mail.

Pre-pre-award Party?

Judy, Emma and I live about 10 miles from the awards ceremony in Exeter and we plan on attending to see many of our friends receive their awards. We are not trying to break tradition or take control here, but we would like to extend an offer that those interested could join us here on the lovely shores of Powow Pond in Kingston for whatever is decided, whether it be a pre-pre-award party before going to Marguerita's, or if we want to just cook-out here and skip M's, or a post-award party or whatever folks want to do. Again, we don't want to cause dissent, just want to extend the offer.

We'll leave plans up to you guys. We could meet early for a hike to nearby Rockrimmon Hill, then back to our house, or just hang at our house, or whatever people want to do to make a day of it. For those traveling any distance we have room to set up tents Saturday night next to the pond, which, by the way, is wide open for canoes and kayaks.

Of course it will be open to dogs and children, (of all ages).

Just throwin' this out there to see what people think.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

KDT

Pre-party

A handful of folks have accepted the invitation so far, so, on to the next level:

Arrive @ K, J & E's between noon and 6PM for cookout, horseshoes, schmoozin', whatever. Caravan over to Exeter. Those headin' to Marguerita's are gonna meet there at 4pm, the rest can hang here or whatever is decided. Dog awards are scheduled for 6:45-7pm and we'd like to be there for that.

BYOB, please drop a line if you're comin' so we can get a head count and remember you can camp in our yard Saturday night if you want, (or need), too...

PM for directions!

KDT

Latest posts