AMC Boston Rock program starts tonight

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jniehof

Reaction score
Should have mentioned this earlier...for those who wish to move beyond hiking into more vertical climbing, the AMC Boston chapter Mountaineering committee runs a rock program every spring. The introductory session (free, no commitment) is tonight...er, in about 90 minutes...at the Cabot Auditorium on Joy St. It's basically information about the program, so missing it won't hurt you much.

The website has most of the details, and online registration for the actual class usually begins sometime after the intro session...keep an eye on the page if you can't make it tonight.

Two warnings:
1) the course fills up fast
2) the course moves fast, so if you have trouble with exposure and/or have absolutely no climbing experience (e.g. gym), it can feel a little overwhelming. That doesn't mean the course isn't for you! Just take a deep breath and talk to someone when that overwhelming feeling starts to settle in. (Find me--I'll be assisting--or send me a PM here.)