Andy Skurka closing in on new 6850-mile hiking route

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that is amazing, especially considering his mileage/day. I like the fact that he is using part of it as a promotional tool.

Its funny, many people have told me that what I do (lots of 10-15 mile dayhikes in the whites/greens) is "crazy", its guys like that who prove that I am scratching the surface of what people are truly capable of.

A lesson it can teach people is that if someone can do 34/miles a day for half a year, then going for a ten mile day hike, or even a three mile walk after work is not as difficult as people make it out to be. Hopefully it inspires people to not only live more minimally, but also to set loftier fitness goals.

Awesome trek! He wasn't kidding when he said he wanted to do the most scenic backpack trip possible in the lower 48. Nothing more scenic than combining most of the Colorado Divide and Pacific Crest trails into a loop :) Looks like he even did part of the border swath with Canada. What an experience he is living...