Anti fogging breakthru

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw a report on this a while ago--can't remember where.

Something like this may require keeping the surface clean, for instance, it might be defeated by skin oils. Time will tell if it is practical or goes the way of most miracles...

Doug

That would be the cat's a$$.

Bringing me to my next thing. Anyone have any luck with catcrap. I think a light layer of shampoo works better.

Sorry to hijack-

But to keep un mind everytime you wipe the inside of your goggles you take a small layer of the factory anti-fog off. So, dab your goggles don't wipe.

Very cool...but would I have to actually *clean* my windshield first for the nanoparticles to work??

I'm extremely skeptical. Commuting by bicycle, fogging glasses is an issue to me 5 days a week during the winter. I've identified at least 5 causes of fogging, and I really doubt that it can take care of all cases.

Commercially available within 5 years indicates it is very early in the research stage.

Well, I've managed to get by on my bike commute by wearing a balaclava that I can pull down the bottom part. I don't have as cold a commute as Petes so I rarely have to use a full balaclava. I can go bare faced til the mid 20s and I'm fine... What I think this might be good is for auto glass. Frankly, I'm more concerned about the drivers who don't scrape their windshields and probably don't drive with clear windshields than my vision!

Jay

When I rode in today I had some fogging problems, but they manage to clear off almost as quickly as they cloud up. Adding my clip-on sunglasses just adds more surfaces to fog.

I saw plenty of folks last Friday wearing goggles on their commute. I took the T instead. :)

-dave-

Latest posts