Anyone game for North-West Hancock?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oncoman

Reaction score
When? Sat. 14th Oct.

Departure: 07h00 at Hancock Overlook parking lot.

Plan: Go up Arrow slide, bwk to NWH via ridge line & back down by West slide(Cedar Brook slide). Could also tag on Mt Hitchcock.

Pierre

Oncoman said:
When? Sat. 14th Oct.

Departure: 07h00 at Hancock Overlook parking lot.

Plan: Go up Arrow slide, bwk to NWH via ridge line & back down by West slide(Cedar Brook slide). Could also tag on Mt Hitchcock.

Pierre
Possibly! We did this exact (almost) hike last year: http://www.vftt.org/forums/showthread.php?t=8380 It's a lot of fun!!! There are views from near the NW Hancock summit that I'd be interested in finding as we did not last time. The Arrow is amazing as is the Cedar Brook Slide.

-Dr. Wu

Hope you can make it Dr. Wu.

Papa Bear has spoken highly of you & I would be more than honoured to hike with you, at last.

Have read many of your posts in the last 2 years including your trip report up NW Hancock. If 14th oct. is problematic for you, an alternative date could possibly be negociated. Post me.

Pierre

Who Else?

Oct 14 sounds good. Maybe some other people would be interested.

Good Hike -- 2 great slides, relatively easy bushwhacking. Lots of exploring. With the leaves going down it should be a good one. I'd like to do it again.

-Dr. Wu

I'd like to do this, and have been studying maps, but unfortunately my only time in NH this year will be September 14-18. And since that weekend is the Gathering, I'm anticipating having to go solo ....... (...... and if I have to go solo, I cannot tell my wife ...... she doesn't like me whackin solo for some strange reason ........).

You really ought to think about adding some "spice" to this and come in over Carrigan and the Captain! :)