Anyone want to hike something easy this weekend? (NH)

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tobit

Reaction score
I'm going to hike somewhere either on Saturday or Sunday and wondering if anyone would like to join me? I'm pretty open to location. I have a few things in mind but nothing picked out yet. There are so many hiking opportunities in NH its sometimes hard to choose. :cool: Ideally I'd like a summit below 3K feet. Lakes area or Western NH would be best. Something easy to moderate without a lot of elevation gain. I'm not a super strong hiker yet. Although I can hike on flat terrain all day, throw in some elevation and I get winded easy and have to stop frequently to catch my breath so I often fail to meet book time. I just want to get out and hike something with no rush or stress.

I don't mind hiking solo so I am going somewhere whether anyone shows up or not. However, I also like hiking with others as well. I'm also open to hiking any day next week, except Thursday, if this weekend doesn't work for anyone. I have references for those who don't know me. I've hiked with a few members from here (HikerAmiga is my sponsor) and a few more from the other forum. :)

Reply here, PM, or email to [email protected]

Hike NH?

Tobit -

I'm heading up solo to the family camp just east of Concord & will be in Pawtuckaway. I'm sporting a cold and trying to get a mix of rest & activity, so not doing anything near aggressive, but you're welcome to join. Thinking 8/8:30 start Saturday in the Reservation Rd entrance off Rte 107, Maybe meeting aniother VFTT'er as well

pm7771ataoldotcom or cell 5083146882

Pawtuckaway could be good. It's been many, many years since I've been there and it's fairly close to home. I will give it some good thought tonight and tomorrow morning. Thanks for the invite. :)

Not able to meet up with Peter tomorrow so my current plan is to hike Bald Knob and Turtleback Mountain in the Ossipees on Sunday. I will be parking in the hiker lot on Route 171 across from the Shannon Brook Trailhead. I haven't decided on a start time yet, probably 8am-ish though.