Appalachia editor talk at White Mtn Cafe in Jackson, April 10

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mohamed Ellozy

VFTT Supporter
Reaction score
I am no longer related to Appalachia in any way, other than as a loyal subscriber (I was Accidents Editor for a few years). I just received this email from Chris Woodside, the Editor, asking the recipients to share the news:
Dear friends in the North Country,

I'm taking Appalachia journal on the road. I'll be at the White Mountain Cafe's newest outpost in Jackson NH (right near the post office)
from 2 to 4 p.m. next Sunday, April 10. I'll be reading from the journal and showing a few slides and hopefully drinking some very good coffee. Please come! I'll have some extra copies of the journal and would love to discuss ideas with all of you. -- Chris

PLEASE SHARE WITH OTHERS....

White Mountain Cafe & Bookstore Exhibits and Events
Monday-Saturday, 7am-4pm and Sunday, 8am-3pm
Jackson Falls Marketplace (next to the post office)
Main Street, Jackson (603) 383-6511
www.whitemountaincafe.com
Sunday, April 10, 2pm - "Nothing worth having comes quickly... any mountain trekker knows that." Come hear examples of this philosophy in the writings of the Appalachia Journal from the editor, Chris Woodside.
I, like many others, originally subscribed to Appalachia just for the Accident Reports, but was delighted to discover that the rest of the magazine was at least as worthwhile.

And, a fine accidents editor you were, Mo!

Some folks may not realize that the poetry submissions for Appalachia are incredibly competitive, probably far more so than the articles.

And, a fine accidents editor you were, Mo!

Some folks may not realize that the poetry submissions for Appalachia are incredibly competitive, probably far more so than the articles.

yawn.... it is surprising to me that Appalachia still prints so many poems - they seem so generic to me... (nature details not specific to any particular location or experience, especially hiking/skiing/cycling/etc.) They should fill the space with more of the rest of the content. I mean, the last issue on the Weeks Act was AWESOME!!!! (I am a longtime subscriber).

I actually *read* Appalachia (versus Outdoors.... yawn again!!!)

YMMV - sorry if I've offended the poets!!! --Becca

Last edited:

Latest posts