Ashland (NH) Booze & Vittles Night #3 - Common Man, 07/10/09

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocket21

Reaction score
As a sequel to Ashland Booze & Vittles Night #2, Ashland Booze & Vittles Night #3 is being planned.

Who: You?

What: Booze and Vittles.

Where: Ashland, NH Common Man (I-93 Exit 24, 60 Main Street)- Upstairs in the bar and grill - Link

When: Friday, July 10, 2009 at 6:00 PM (or later)

Why: (Borat voice) Why not?

How: By car, truck, motorcycle, scooter, tricycle, boat, or bobsled. Extra points if you combine two or more.

Perhaps it could be called a Booze and/or Vittles Night - you don't have to drink booze, or you don't have to eat any vittles, or perhaps your vittles are only consumed in the form of booze.

hum, I may be able to make it to this one... I think I have taken that day off.

:)

We will miss this get-together as we've got company coming in for the holiday and staying through the next weekend! Have Fun!

Tim & Valerie:)

Even though I'm in California at the moment -- palm trees wave just out the window (really!) -- I'll be back east again in time for this splendid C-Man event on the 10th and will make every effort to be there.

If the weather looks good :rolleyes: for Saturday, then I will be heading up to Maine that evening to see If I can bag an Elephant and a Goose Eye in one day. In other words I'll probably see you at the C-Man in Ashland. :)
Work has got in the way of my hiking plans, but not in the way of my "alcohol consumption in reasonable amounts" plans. Ergo, count me in!

Last edited:
looking forward to a fun filled event..hey..here's an idea..lets sit out on the patio deck if it's raining..it would make things more normal.....:)

To those of y'all who can't make this one, hope to see you at the next one!

I plan on being there tonight around 6...good idea to meet at the upstairs outside deck. I may be a bit early or a bit late, and probably covered in mud!

Thanks Jeremy for being the point man for this classic event..Nice turnout this time round on a glorious evening on the upstairs deck at the Common Man. Nice to see some now familiar old attenders and to meet some new ones..Conversations flow nicely..a great time to sit down and relax for dinner and a beer with some strangers you met on the internet...

It was a Michael Jackson night.

The Feathered Hat joined in a bit late and looked absolutely shocked when he heard us talking in the past tense about a singer named Michael.

"He's deh...deh...dead?!?" asked The Feathered Hat

"Deader than his career was by the mid the 1990s," I replied.

Behind his sunglasses, his eyes started to water. "The man had a profound effect on my life. He was the finest artist of his generation. That voice. I owned every album. When A Man Loves A Woman was my favorite song. Ever."

We all looked a bit puzzled...
abnvn303.jpg

...then Silverfox jumped in: "Michael JACKSON died, not Michael BOLTON!"

"OH! Phew! Let's eat!"

abnvn301.jpg

Mrs. Loanshark and Mrs. Barkingcat discuss the profound effect Michael Jackson had on their lives.

abnvn302.jpg

A relieved The Feathered Hat and Paradox (wearing a shirt that had his username on it...something he pointed out to us three times, and to everyone else on the deck twice)

The night ended with Barkingcat giving a rousing rendition of "Beat It"

abnvn304.jpg

I was so incredibly relieved to know that Michael Bolton is still among us. (When I imitate him while singing in the shower, I have to strangle myself to get the tone just right.)

Thanks for organizing yet another great Booze & Vittles Night, rocket. So nice to see old friends again and to welcome a few new Vittlers. Let's do it again soon.