Atlas snowshoes

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carole

Reaction score
I have been using Atlas 12 series 'shoes for several years now and they quickly became my favorite over other brands I had used or observed used. But I notice the current line up has a few new features - bindings are different, the 10 & 12 series have heel lifts, and the 'cleats' on the 12 series seem different. Anyone use these newer versions?
(I'm not in the market for any as mine should be good for more years but am curious in case the need arises.)

Carole -
while I am not familiar with the new Atlas line, I was just thinking the same question yesterday. What peaked my interest was learning that the weight of many of the new Atlas snowshoes has dropped, thus making them only nominally heavier than their MSR equivalents.

Looking forward to hearing from everyone!

thanks,
Marty

carole said:
I have been using Atlas 12 series 'shoes for several years now and they quickly became my favorite over other brands I had used or observed used. But I notice the current line up has a few new features - bindings are different, the 10 & 12 series have heel lifts, and the 'cleats' on the 12 series seem different. Anyone use these newer versions?
(I'm not in the market for any as mine should be good for more years but am curious in case the need arises.)

I have a pair of 1230's and really like them. Many times I had wished for the smaller 1225's however.

If you like the old style binding and don't require the heel lift, Cabela's offers that particular shoe. It looks like a 12 series design from a couple years back. Plus, the price is good.

Here's a link....

Atlas at Cabela's

I am also interested in hearing first-hand comments about the BC24 shoes.

Earl

BIGEarl said:
If you like the old style binding and don't require the heel lift, Cabela's offers that particular shoe. It looks like a 12 series design from a couple years back. Plus, the price is good.

Here's a link....

Atlas at Cabela's

I can't comment on the 'Trans-Alaska' version but I have a 'found' pair of the 'Outfitter Pro' and can definitely say they are no where near the comparison of the 1225's I have.

Absolultely love my Atlas 1025s, the screws to the bindings broke off once during a hike a couple yrs ago (both shoes broke on the same hike....talk about wearing out evenly) but had them shipped back, fixed free of charge and have had no other problems since.

The newer models have a different/improved screw system on the bottom and I've heard how much lighter they are now........tempting.....but I don't need a 3rd pair of snowshoes!!!

Well, a couple I talked with today just both picked up a pair of Atlas 12 series (on my recommendation) at Kittery Trading Post. They said they were on sale for $150-160 ish (some where around there). Their initial test (they had them on as we talked) was they were very pleased.

I have been on 1025 for three or four seasons now. Now problems

Had my new 1235's out over the weekend. they were sooo good that Sunday night I pulled my old Sherpa (Tucker Bindings) out to get them ready for sale on Ebay. The 1235' track nicely, are very light (2.3 lbs per shoe) and the televator heels works nicely. The bindings are very comfortable as well.