Auburn/Lewiston Maine area - place to stay?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Papa Bear

Reaction score
I'll be doing some day hiking and benchmark hunting in Maine around Aug. 9 -11. Auburn/Lewiston is about the middle of the places where I'll be headed.

Any suggestions as to cheap but not sleazy motels, B&Bs, etc. in that area?

Thanks

Does that include campgrounds?

Not in the twin cities of Lewiston/Auburn but my friend and I stayed in a nice private campground on Sebago Lake before we rode through Lewiston/Auburn. We even went to their library to check our mail, get the weather, etc.

http://www.familynfriends.com/facilities.shtml

It's on the west shore of Sebago and was a nice place with sites that weren't on top of each other and they had a small store with microwaves and places to eat.

Jay

Heck yeah. The Sleepytime Motel is an awesome little place, only 6 rooms, not far from the highway and plenty quiet, immaculate rooms, fridge, microwave, coffee maker, tv, a/c ... good price, too. Definitely gets our recommendation.

I pass by the Sleepy Time everytime I go towards N Conway-Kanc. I have never stayed there cause, heck it's only 11 miles from my house. Michael J's report confirms my suspicions that it's a good place to stay. There are a couple of places to eat ( Subway, Dunkin Donuts, Chinese) close by as well.

Jay H said:
Does that include campgrounds?

Not in the twin cities of Lewiston/Auburn but my friend and I stayed in a nice private campground on Sebago Lake before we rode through Lewiston/Auburn. We even went to their library to check our mail, get the weather, etc.

http://www.familynfriends.com/facilities.shtml

It's on the west shore of Sebago and was a nice place with sites that weren't on top of each other and they had a small store with microwaves and places to eat.

Jay
I didn't want to drag all my camping gear up due to the fact that part of the trip (NYC - Natick MA) is via bus.

Sleepy Time sound interesting. Any other suggestions out there?

The cities of the Androscoggin, my childhood hometown. Not sure about places to stay, but if you want a good ole meal at a sports bar, check out Gippers in downtown Auburn. By the way, if you go a week later, they are having the balloon festival, which is pretty interesting, but the area will be crowded.