Balsam Lake, Graham, Doubletop Fri or Sat

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doodles

Reaction score
Planning on hiking Balsam Lake, Graham, and Doubletop. I can go either Friday 4/14 or Sat 4/15.

I am looking at starting up from Beaver Kill Rd and hiking the order listed and back out the same way.

Anyone interested in hooking up, give me a shout.

A nice change of scenery for your trip would be to bushwack from Doubletop to the Beaverkill trail on your way out. Eliminates the elevation up and downs and is a fairly easy walk out. The only problems I had were nettles and deer flies ,but they are'nt an issue yet. I'd join you but have to work.

mudhook51,

When you mentioned the Beaverkill Trail???? Is this heading due West off of Doubletop to the Beaver Kill and intersect the NH trail???

Now that I am looking at this route, it will be shorter coming out and all down hill.

Thanks for the plan.

At this point Saturday looks like the day I will be going, and the weather looks good for Saturday as well.

Doodles said:
mudhook51,

When you mentioned the Beaverkill Trail???? Is this heading due West off of Doubletop to the Beaver Kill and intersect the NH trail???

Now that I am looking at this route, it will be shorter coming out and all down hill.

Thanks for the plan.
Yes, thats the trail. You can either go back to the col and down the stream or just take a bearing and hit the stream. I did it with a full pack down the col and once from the top with a daypack. Not bad.
It is steep at first but not for long.

Last edited:
mudhook51,
Thanks for the reply.

CrisisBill,
Figure on about 11-12 miles, probably 6-8 hrs. pudgy_groundhog and her husband are planning on hooking up and looks like an 8:00 AM start at this time. We are working out the final details. If you are interested in joining in, PM me.

George