Billy Goat makes the LA Times

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snowflea

Reaction score
The 6/25 edition of the LA Times has a nice article on perennial PCT thru-hiker Billy Goat, aka George Woodard. Some of the thru-hikers on this site may have met him in their travels. (Be sure to click on the video and photo links.)

Billy Goat is one of the coolest people I've ever met. We first crossed paths, literally, and spent a few weeks hiking together down South during our '94 AT hikes. I last saw him at one of the ALDHA Hanover Gatherings a few years ago, when we had lunch at EBA's and he got his money's worth on their AYCE soup special :D. Knowing him, he is getting a big laugh out of all this publicity. :rolleyes:

VFTT content: Billy Goat previously lived in Southern NH and, among other things, climbed the New England 100 highest before moving on to the PCT, AT, CO Trail, etc.

My favorite quote in the article: "Walk, exercise, and smell the fresh air... I don't need a lot of things." :)