Bobcat v Kitty

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Metsky

Reaction score
A friend on another website posted these pictures of a bobcat that showed up outside his window, and seemed interested in his housecat. The two seemed playful, not antagonistic, and investigated each other (through glass) for 15 minutes or so before both wandering off.

The bobcat must have been a juvenille, who hasn't yet been told that housecats are good eatin'. This is in the southwest US. And yes, they occasionally interbreed.

Link to photos

-dave-

David Metsky said:
A friend on another website posted these pictures of a bobcat that showed up outside his window, and seemed interested in his housecat. The two seemed playful, not antagonistic, and investigated each other (through glass) for 15 minutes or so before both wandering off.

The bobcat must have been a juvenille, who hasn't yet been told that housecats are good eatin'. This is in the southwest US. And yes, they occasionally interbreed.

Link to photos

-dave-
Great pictures- never knew that house cats and bobcats mate! Maybe the owner should have opened the window

I've seen that same look on my cat ... just before dinner.

Nice shots but if I were the feline inside I wouldn't assume the body language was entirely amorous.

Very cool pics. Perfect timing. I was admiring th emotif and thought, wow, they really did their patio up in a Southwest style. Then I read your post (instead of going just to the link) and got a chuckle out of it.