Bonds via Galehead Hut 8/27,28

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peakn

Reaction score
This is fairly short notice, but the forecast for next Monday/Tuesday is perfect. Started this trip last year but had to abort due to heavy rain on day 2.
As of now, there is still space available at Galehead Hut and the forecast for both days is excellent, with no rain predicted before Wed PM. I’m thinking of hiking up to Galehead Hut Monday (late morning +/- to try and get a bunk lower than 4th level), and hike over the Bonds Tuesday, out to Lincoln Woods. It would be great to have some company including a car-spot at Lincoln Woods.
I hike at a relaxed moderate pace, generally around book time- sometimes faster, sometimes slower on very steep- have to watch the creaky aging knees.
If interested, please either post or PM. I'm flexible as to exact timing.

Harry

More re Bonds 8/27,28- Ride?

Just wanted to inject this question into the thread, understanding that it is asking alot. If there is no interest in the hike, might there be someone in the Lincoln or Twin Mtn area that would be able to and willing to pick me up at Lincoln Woods parking lot (where I would spot my car)and drive me over to the Gale River Trailhead on Monday morning ?? It would be greatly appreciated. I would be more than happy to provide gas money, coffee and muffins at the Mtn Bean.