Boston Beer Night

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sapblatt

Reaction score
Alpinista and I were thinking that this has been too long since the last Boston get together! :)

Any interest in getting together next Tuesday or Wednesday 8/29 or 8/30 to have some tasty beverages and discuss tales of high adventure?

Help us pick the day and location...

Personally, I vote for Tuesday -- just found out that we may have a farewell party on Wednesday for a colleague. But I could always do a "two-fer" on Wednesday if that's everyone's druthers!!! :D

Mike/Lisa -

You're alway thinkin' about drinkin' :D

My plans are unresolved for next week. I may be on vacation, but that's far from definite. If I am local, I will be there! Any week day but Friday would work.

Best regards,
Marty

OK, I'm down with Tuesday. I too am toying with an impromptu vacation for next week -- hey, I gotta fit in all my social engagements somehow and work interferes! :D

Sounds like the day of "days" will be Tuesday. I'm game for that. The real question now is where? Does a Boston Beer night have to be held in Boston. Is it a faux paw to hold it in Cambridge?

John Harvards always has lots of room.
The Sunset bar and grill in Brighton is Awsome (but usually crowded)

Where else to go?

I'd recommend against the Sunset only because the BU students are back and it will be quite busy. Perhaps Boston Beer Works near the Garden (whatever it's called these days); Cornwalls in Kenmore Square; The Landing, if the weather's nice, which is adjacent to the Long Wharf Marriott (opposite side of the hotel from Tia's). My personal favorite, The Vault, which is on Water St -Liberty Square - in the Financial District. It generally caters to the District crowd, but it is never really busy on Mon/Tuesdays.

Hope this helps for suggestions. I'll try to attend.

I'll have to pass on this one. Wednesday I have a prior commitment, and Tuesday evening I'll be picking up the cats from the vet after a little tooth work, and they'll need to be watched and cared for.

Have a beer or 6 for me!

DrJJFate said:
I'd recommend against the Sunset only because the BU students are back and it will be quite busy. Perhaps Boston Beer Works near the Garden (whatever it's called these days); Cornwalls in Kenmore Square; The Landing, if the weather's nice, which is adjacent to the Long Wharf Marriott (opposite side of the hotel from Tia's). My personal favorite, The Vault, which is on Water St -Liberty Square - in the Financial District. It generally caters to the District crowd, but it is never really busy on Mon/Tuesdays.

Hope this helps for suggestions. I'll try to attend.

DrJJFate -- I like your suggestions! I personally would vote for The Landing ... since that'll put me in perfect position to take the ferry back to Salem! :D I love the Vault, but it is a bit pricey and we'd want to be all dolled up. It's a bit more elite of a crowd than Boston Beer Works. I'm all for gettin' dolled up but some of you hikin' dudes might cringe at having to wear decent duds! ;)

sapblatt said:
Sullivan's Tap - no one will have to get dolled up.
Hey, no need to go to the other extreme!

I still vote for The Landing. I could be persuaded to go to the Vault. It has a fabulous wine selection...
Although Boston Beer Works is a great standby, perhaps it's time for us all to expand our horizons! Think of it as a different list to pursue...instead of peaks, we're going have establishments.

Sorry I can't make this one but hope everyone enjoys it. Tip one for me and for the hopeful wonders of knee arthroscopy.

DrJJFate said:
...students are back and it will be quite busy.

Last year around this time Mtnmama and I attended a Boston Beer Night. We travelled in from Needham via Comm Ave to avoid a bad accident on the Mass Pike. As it turned out Comm Ave was jampacked with students moving onto their dorms. We got through that mess just in time for Red Sox traffic in Kenmore Square. In the Mass Ave underpass we saw an SUV make a Uturn over the median. Got a good look at the driver. It was Curt Schilling. Good thing he wasn't pitching that night. We made the 15 mile trip in just over two hours. BOO STUDENTS, HOORAY BEER!

The summer reprieve from students is drawing to a close. April & September meyhem will return with the combination of Sox homestands and colleges back in session. I really do love living in this city.

The good: The Landing is four blocks from my office.

The bad: I will be dolled up, regardless, since I'll be coming directly from said office.

Has a day been confirmed? Is it Tuesday the 29th?