Cabot on Sunday 6/10

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Kittredge

Reaction score
I hope to do Cabot via the Bunnell Notch Trail this Sunday. If things are going well, I may decide to continue on the Bulge/Horn/Unknown Pond loop, rather than just backtracking.

If anyone would like to join me, I expect to be waiting at the gate on York Pond Road for it to open at 8AM. If you're later than that, look for my boxy white Scion xB at the trailhead.

Cabot

Hi Bob,
How long do you expect this hike to take? I will be in the area, but need to do some work from home this weekend.

Bob , the gate is normally open unless there has been some vandalism in the area. Therefore you may want to change your meeting point to the trailhead to get an earlier start. Be aware that RT110 in Berlin is a mess, the construction continues on the railroad crossing in Berlin NH. There is a route that bypasses it if you are adventurous and its just about as easy to find as the detour.

As you are leaving Gorham NH on RT 16 look for the Nexfor Fraser papermill sign on your right. Take a left at the intersection which takes you up a hill and across the railroad tracks. Take an immediate right (you are paralleling the rr tracks). Follow this road for awhile until you hit a T intersection (you cant go straight). The rr track is to your right with an old restored train station. Take a left at the Tee, you are now on the detour, go past the brick school house and go up a very steep hill (dont follow the truck route). Take a right at top of the hill onto a very wide street with a church on one side and a old school on the other side. Follow this road down the hill and you will encounter Rt 110 coming in from the right. Go straight and you are on 110. It saves 5 minutes and a lot of confusion.