Camp Chair Recommendation

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DayTrip

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good brand of folding/collapsible camp chair for campsite camping? I am fairly tall (6'3") and most of the collapsible style chairs I've owned or seen lean back at just enough of an angle and are not tall enough for my head and neck that they get very uncomfortable after a short period of time. I usually wind up sitting slumped forward to one side to rest my head in my hand. Looking for something with a tall back or a head sling or some sort of design that supports. I just scrolled through the whole inventory of Backcountry.com (many, many pages) and saw maybe one possibility. I don't care about a foot rest and I am not a fan of zero gravity chairs. I am looking for something I can sit upright in without getting a stiff neck for long nights in front of a fire. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

It might make sense to just get a small hammock.

Give Alite Mantis chair a try. I'm not as tall as you but I found it pretty comfortable. It's light as well. It's no utopia but fits a lot of the criteria most of us look for.

Give Alite Mantis chair a try. I'm not as tall as you but I found it pretty comfortable. It's light as well. It's no utopia but fits a lot of the criteria most of us look for.

Does look comfortable but I'm worried about the back rest height/head support. It seems like all the "big and tall" chairs focus on weight capacity, not height.