Carters + Wildcats Feb 9-11

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darren

Poobah Emeritus
Reaction score
Got the following email from a prospective VFTT member. Maybe some of you can join him on the hike and then sign him up. Details below, contact him via email if you want to join the hike.

- darren

Planning an overnight in Carter Notch – looking for hiking partners. My plan is a little flexible so if you have a better suggestion, I’m open to it. I’m not a site member but hopefully will be soon, once I find a sponsor, maybe this hike will do that.

Plan is to drive up (departing from Newton, MA) in the afternoon on Feb 9th and either car camp or stay at Joe Doge Lodge. Early start on the 10th (probably 5 or 6 am) to head up Carter – Moriah Tr., bag Mt Moriah and then all the Carters. Overnight at Carter Notch Hut and then out down Wildcat. I’d really like to find someone to hike with and especially would like to find someone that can stage a car in order to make this whole thing possible. I hike at a medium to fast pace on the moderate terrain but take plenty of breaks on the steep stuff. Anyone interested? If so please email me at [email protected]

Thanks - Matt

That's an ambitious route for a winter backpack. I would be more apt to hike your route in reverse and head down Stony brook. That way you could drop your pack for much of Moriah.