Cat tales from the Catskills......

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool... Vernon isn't that far from me and I passed this article on to some friends who live near there. In fact, Snowshoe isn't terribly far from Vernon either...

Here kitty kitty kitty!

Jay

Ya I Am very close to their. I remember hearing about it in the local paper here. I was talking to a NPS Ranger who saw one run across the road on Blue Mt lakes rd in the Delaware Water Gap NRA. I have yet to see one. A lot of people seem to beleive it is a domesticated cougar that got to big and the owner let it loose. You never know it could be a true wild one. The one in Vernon was probably the same one in the gap. They have a raoming rad of something like 140 miles.

Hey Freddy thanx for the cool article. I've heard of sightings in the Catskills and ADKs, but New Jersey? I guess it's all possible. What is amazing though is that no official would show up for DNA tests. Either they allready know, or don't want to know of their presence. We'll just have to keep our eyes peeled while on the trails!

If the pet was domesticated and realeased, it was also pregnant? The article mentions a cub too.

I sent this article to a friend who lives in highland lakes and mentions they had a sighting 10 days ago or so, might be the same pair that the article speaks of though.

Jay