Cathedral pines adk

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adk_dib

Reaction score
I have been trying to find this little hike for years. I drive by it all the time on route 28. Were is this trail? :confused: is it next to eight lake and how do I find it? how close is it to the eight lake camping sign?

according to the guide book- trail starts on west side of 28 , .9 mile sw of 8th lake campsite, 1 mile ne of fishing acess site on 7th lake across rd and ditch by 3 white posts and a dec signpost. I was there once , very nice, very short.

mudhook51 said:
according to the guide book- trail starts on west side of 28 , .9 mile sw of 8th lake campsite, 1 mile ne of fishing acess site on 7th lake across rd and ditch by 3 white posts and a dec signpost. I was there once , very nice, very short.
The sign is very small, but it's there. You have to go very slow and you'll see it from the road. Nice place with a memorial and huge trees.

The parking is really just a wide spot off the shoulder. It's safe to park but easy to miss because it's not your usual trailhead.

Definitely worth stopping for if you're driving 28.