Catskill Taxi Service

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorthShore

Reaction score
Is there any reliable service that we could call upon to get a ride for a group of 6 (plus packs) from the Slide PA to Woodland Valley on a Saturday morning, or should we just plan on bringing 2 vehicles?

I once got a ride from another camper at Woodland Valley that was interested in spoting a car with us. I've also had good luck at Rt 47 Slide PA on a busy holliday weekend, got a ride in less than 10 minutes.

Otherwise drop off 3 people at one side, the other 3 hike up the the opposite direction and swap the key when you meet in the middle. They drive around n pick you up later.

How much is it worth to you? :D

Depends on how reliable the service is. We'll be out this weekend...2 adults and 4 scouts...we had 2 others that had to drop ...hence we could now conceivably all fit in one vehicle. Its too late to scramble for uncertain alternate travel plans so we'll take two cars and do the shuttle thing.

It's the same trip you did the other day, except from Woodland because these boys want to scramble up lots of ledges. By the way, I loved the photos you posted!

PS I'm bringing a bag in case we pick up any trailside trash :(

Good luck and thanks! :D

Thanks Tom. We drove drove up Frost Valley Road and left my little car at Slide then piled all into the minivan and drove to Woodland on Saturday. On Sunday we had to do a little over an hour roundtrip to go fetch the van and return to Slide to pick everyone up. We started a little later than we had planned on Saturday which turned out very well as we hit the summits after the views cleared and the sun came out. The boys enjoyed the trip and especially the rock ledges. A couple of times they dropped the packs and went up and down experimenting with different routes. All in all a great weekend. I'll post a TR with some photos soon. Congrats on the lean-to progress!

For future reference there is a taxi service that regularly operates in the 23-A corridor (e.g., Devil's Path, Blackhead Range): Smiley's Transport (518) 589-6533. Higher fees would undoubtedly apply for service in the central peaks around Rt. 28.