Colden-Redfield & Big Slide or RPR January 6-8

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ALGonquin Bob

Reaction score
Got to take advantage of great hiking conditions! :D I’m headed up to the Adirondacks again this weekend. I’ll get to the Meadows Road (South Meadow camp area) around midnight Friday. Early Saturday, I’ll start at the HPIC and head up the trail to Lake Arnold and enjoy the spectacular view from the summit of Mount Colden. Anybody who wants to come along for any or all of this is welcome. After returning to Lake Arnold, I plan to continue on to camp around Uphill Brook LT. Sunday morning I’ll hit Redfield, followed by a hike back out to the HPIC Sunday afternoon.

On Monday, I’ll do one of two hikes, depending on whether anyone wants to hike with me and what they want to do: I’ll either do Big Slide from the Garden, or hike the Zander Scott trail to Giant (optional) and Rocky Peak Ridge (my goal), then head back to Buffalo.

I'll be up there this weekend also. I've got redfield and colden though for my W round. Maybe I could hike in to uphill and camp out though, I still need gray and skylight...I'll most likely be at the gate area on south meadows sleeping in my car friday night. Hope to see you saturday. I also still need rpr.