Connecticut AT sometime 12/18-23/05 or 12/26 to 1/22/06

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkL

Reaction score
Canton, NY. Avatar: Mt. Washington in Winter:
I want to continue working my way up the Appalachian Trail through this deer tick/Lyme disease infested stretch. I just haven't heard anything good about Lyme disease,:rolleyes: and don't want to mess with it.
I work for a university food service, and will be off for our long Winter break. Two Januarys ago I solo backpacked from Greenwood Lake to the road just west of the Taconic. Last Jan. a VFTT partner and I backpacked from 1/4 mile west of the Taconic to Bull's Bridge, CT. I'd like to continue north from there.
-I'd like to day hike as much distance as possible, using 2 cars. In some stretches though, it looks like it's a long way down to get off the trail, and the same long way up to get back on the next day. So it might be better to backpack those sections. I haven't looked at the map since last Jan, but will do so to get a better idea of where to do what.
-POSSIBLE CATCH: I'm part of a group that is hoping to get called 12/28 by the Red Cross to do disaster relief in Katrina or other disaster areas. We've been told to make whatever plans we want because there's a good chance we might not be needed. I've also heard that volunteers will be very much needed for quite a while. So I just don't know, and am just making plans in the likely?/unlikely? event we don't get called. If my group does get called, I'll just put all respondents to this posting in touch with each other so maybe they can work out something among themselves.
But I'm definitely free from 12/18-23, and even the 24th if we finish early that day.
It's late now, so I'll post more info in a day or few.
Is there an AT hikers site where people look for partners? I might give that a try too.

Connecticut AT sometime 12/18-23, 12/26-1/22/06

MarkL said:
I want to continue working my way up the Appalachian Trail work for a university food service, and will be off for our long Winter break. Last Jan. a VFTT partner and I backpacked from 1/4 mile west of the Taconic to Bull's Bridge, CT. I'd like to continue north from there. ...
-I'd like to day hike as much distance as possible, using 2 cars...

Mark--
I can't help with the two cars and would hike shelter-to-shelter. Will consult calendar, family etc and get back to you.
Walt