Coordinates for Seward Plane crash.

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil

Reaction score
Does anybody have the coordinates for the crashed plane on Mount Seward?

You must have missed the "to share or not to share" thread from a month or so ago. The consensus—as I understood it—was that if you have to ask, you're not worthy of knowing the answer. So I think you'll find yourself out of luck here with anyone who actually knows.

I've never seen the crash, but I think I've read that it's west of the summit. There is a herd path over that direction; I accidentally took it last September. It's a right turn a few dozen yards (that's a guess) from the top along the path to Donaldson. Does the path lead to the crash site? I don't know.

As I said, I didn't notice any plane crash, but I wasn't looking for it; I was looking for my partner, who had taken the correct path to the summit, and I quickly retreated when I heard her call for me.

Neil,

I deem you worthy :cool: , I'll send you what I know. But first, which one are you talking about, the one everyone knows about, or the secret one? The secret one has a plauque and is rarely visited ;).

Peace

Last edited:
Sort of reminds me of Groucho's famous line: ''I wouldn't belong to any club that would have ME as a member''. I didn't realize there were two crash sites. Of course now the secret one interests me the most. I take it it would be bad form to publish the coordinates if we find either one :)

Neil said:
Of course now the secret one interests me the most. I take it it would be bad form to publish the coordinates if we find either one :)

It would, and I'm not telling.

The ancient ones speak about it only in whispers. But sometimes, in the still of the winter, you can hear the wind whipping through the broken out skeletal hull and the soulful moan of the trees casts a reminder of those that have gone befo......................

What the hell am I saying. My apologies, I got carried away. :rolleyes: .

In all seriousness, 5 people did lose their lives at that site (secret one). It's a totally different sort of place than a fishing hole, amphitheater, or rocky outcrop with a view. Like those places, it is a special place and totally obscure as many of those are. For different reasons, It ought to stay that way. And for the record, I have never gone their either, and don't ever plan too (see above).

As far as the one near the path, fire up. The pilot walked away, it's just litter along the trail at this point.

Last edited:
Anyone know when those crashes occurred? I didn't notice anything when I hiked those peaks, but that was a lot of years ago. Was I just typically oblivious, or did my climb predate both crashes?

Happy trails --
Uncle Butch