Coreys parking lot question

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NicksMaint

Reaction score
Does anyone know the official stance of parking on the road at the Corey's parking area (Duck Hole via Corey's trailhead)? We will be heading up for a couple of nights in July but will not get to the trail head until Saturday mid-day. I know the parking lot there is not real large and wondered if there are any rules about parking on the side of the road overnight. I have tried checking with the DEC office, but with all the things they are expected to cover, I am sure my email is not a high priority.

If anyone has any information or experience on doing this, I would appreciate hearing from you.

Tom
~NicksMaint

Parking lot is not that small and you should be able to find room to park. If not you can park alongside the entrance corridor to the parking area proper but absolutely not on the gravel road that leads further towards the Ampersand Lake private property.

if you're meeting a group of people you can also leave cars at the "winter" trailhead, before the gate, it's a pretty large spot and easy to spot as it's just before the road gate. Leave cars there and car pool to the summer lot...

Jay

Thanks for the replies. I was skeptical of the road, so that is why I asked. Good to know about the parking area by the gate, we will use that if necessary.

Thanks again.

Tom
~NicksMaint