Coreys vs. AMR Road

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which road is worse?

• Coreys

Votes: 10 83.3%
  • AMR

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters

Neil

Reaction score
Of monumental importance is the question, "Which road is worse"? AMR or Coreys?

Neil said:
Of monumental importance is the question, "Which road is worse"? AMR or Coreys?

Corey's is worse, because you know that there are times when it's open, and you're dumb enough to be out there walking it anyway! :D

At least with AMR, you know that you will never be able to drive down it. And it also depends on where you are going. Some AMR road walks are only about a mile. Others are much longer. But either way, the hikes via AMR are typically shorter than Corey's hikes.

Tom Rankin said:
At least with AMR, you know that you will never be able to drive down it.
Note the door of my van, at the end of the AMR road... near the boathouse.

http://newmud.comm.uottawa.ca/~pete/AMR/tg5a.jpg

I've never been mooned by a hunter on the AMR road.

For skiing, I prefer the AMR road. For seeing wildlife (note that a mooning hunter is NOT wildlife), I prefer the AMR road.

On the other hand, you don't see buses on the Cory's road.

Last edited:
I never walked the Coreys Road (drove in both times in winter) but I think I would prefer AMR Road hands down. The forest in the AMR is really nice, there are numerous cool trails off the sides of the AMR road, and it leads to one of the prettiest lakes you'll ever see (Lower Ausable Lake).

Pete,

Whatchuya smokin'? No van and no mooning hunter that I can see.

AMR road - never tire of those great patches of first growth that pepper that part of the reserve.

HH1 said:
Pete,

There's a green SUV in the left center of the picture, parked in front of the truck. The sun's reflection makes it hard to see, but it looks like something's going on there. Is that it? I can't zoom in any closer. Not that I'd want to!

Gee I recognize a couple of my friends in that picture, Bill J. and Tom P.

Definitely the Corey's Road is worse! Especially on the way out, after a very long day climbing the Sewards! It seems endless.
At least the AMR Road is Scenic and sometimes wildlife of deer can be seen on the way in.

Last edited:
HH1 said:

The picture was taken at the end of the AMR road. IE, I drove down it. All you can see of the door, is a bit of maroon, behind Walt's blue truck. That picture was in reply to the comment that you can't drive down the AMR road.

The mooning hunter was on the Cory's road. I didn't (and wouldn't want to) take a picture.