Daks. 2 Days, 10 Peaks. 6/24-25

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doodles

Reaction score
Planning an overnight trip this weekend. I am planning on a 10 peak loop.

Lower and Upper Wolfjaw, Armstrong, Gothics, Sawteeth, Saddleback, Basin, Haystack, Marcy, Skylight. I haven"t finalized the exact route yet, but I plan on starting at Saint Huberts and ending at Keene Valley.

Anyone interested in joining up, I would love the company.

Any information on any of these peaks is also welcome.

George

Hi Doodles, that sounds like something a friend and I did a few years ago..

From AMR land at St Huberts, we went up the Weld Brook trail and camped just after AMR land by the Wolfjaws. (including a travelling day so our first day was just a hike in, full pack, etc).

Second day, we tagged the Wolfjaws, and hiked over Armstrong, Gothics, Basin, Sadleback, all the way to Slant Rock. This is because I didn't know about the old ski run site.

Third day, we slackpacked Marcy, Haystack, and Skylight and then back to Slant rock and then out to camp at Bushnell Falls.

Fourth day, we hiked down the JBL trail to the Garden and then walked along the road to the Roostercomb trailhead and then up and over Roostercomb back to AMR and St Huberts..

Hiking with a full pack over parts of the GR is tough, especially say Basin and Saddleback but it's a nice trip, you get the tough part done on day 2...

Jay

DOODLES,

I can feel myself gettingback intothe swing of things....
Good luck this weekend and stay tuned. July and August will be a blast.
:D