Dan Doan Tr. Maint.with Trailwrights June 4,20,11

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrailwrightBratt

Reaction score
Saturday, June 4 National Trails Day Orford N.H. The Dan Doan Trail: It is time again to continue the repair and maintenance started a few years ago. The work will consist of adding more water bars, cleaning existing structures and if enough help installing rock steps. Water bars is #1 priority to control the erosion and stabilize what is there now. It is hoped that we can get enough interest to form a local group that would adopt this trail and continue the repairs and assist the Doan family in preserving Dan’s legacy. Just one day a year is not enough to get this trail protected. What has been done so far has helped the trail heal in areas that have improved somewhat but much more is needed. Tools provided, bring lunch, water, gloves etc. and a desire to help out. We meet at 8:30 at the junction of NH Rt. 25A and Quintown Rd. From NH Rt. 25 in Wentwoth it is about 10.5 miles on 25A (on the left) From Rt.10 in Orford it is 3.9 miles on NH Rt. 25A to Quintown Rd. (on the right). Contact Hal at 603-286-3506 or [email protected]. for more information.

I'll be there! I'm hoping other DOC folks will come as well, but don't have any commitments yet.

There is a recent report that there aren't too many blowdowns, which is good!:D
The rest of the report wasn't as hopeful.:eek:

See you there!

jason

We saw the good work you did when we were on the trail yesterday. The trail is so much better than it was about 8 years ago. By the way, the family living at the trailhead told us it was the Doan family who were doing the maintenance work.

Sorry I missed this. I was working with Mike and the CTA crew. We relocated a section of the Conant trail. Trailwrights definitely represented Tia weekend. Some of the best trailwork teachers. Learned a ton.

Doan Family.

We saw the good work you did when we were on the trail yesterday. The trail is so much better than it was about 8 years ago. By the way, the family living at the trailhead told us it was the Doan family who were doing the maintenance work.

Almost right. In reality there were 5 Trailwrights and Jason Berard(A Trailwright at heart).Other Trailwrights were at the CTA weekend doing other great things. The Doan family had other commitments so we were alone sat. The Bulk of the Doan family live in NY and other states,and Ruth had a previous commitment and unable to give us our usual send off.Just the same we consider ourselves part of the Doan Family.
I have my plate full this week and I will put up a full report asap. And yes Ellen if you kept moving the bugs were ok.However we had to work so moving fast was not an option (Horrors):D.