Dangerous winds predicted tonight/tomorrow...

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

w7xman

Reaction score
It's been a while since the Obs has had sustained triple digit winds in their forecast...just wanted to post the forecast for those hiking tomorrow. Could be a pretty severe day above treeline!:

Tonight:
In the clouds with rain switching over to snow. High winds.
Lows: lower 20s°F
Wind: NW 85-105mph and higher gusts possible.

Tomorrow:
In the clear with an undercast & partly cloudy skies .
Highs: lower 20s°F
Wind: NW 80-100 decreasing to 55-75mph afternoon

Have a safe weekend~!!
http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/summit_forecast.php

Hmmm, although I still plan on heading to Crag on Saturday, I seriously doubt I will go past the hut. I do hope the wind drops for a Sunday ridge walk. I will check the weather reports before heading out on Saturday.

That's a deadly forecast. Only experienced need apply. I'll not be playing that lottery this weekend (but am scheduled to do so next weekend!).

Safety first!, and Good Hiking,

--M.

In terms of flooding rains, then accumulating snow in the whites, followed by very high winds Saturday will not be a good day to hike above treeline. The best is about to come! Monday-Thursday will be a brief hint into winter with extensive upslope occuring as well as record cold temperatures possible. There will be come areas that get a decent amount of snow during this. Im excited! -Mattl

Just saw on NECN that they're predicting 60mph gusts for sea level for northern MA, central NH and southern ME for Saturday - looks like a fast, intense low moving across the region. If I go out this weekend, I'll be hiding in the nice, safe trees....

watch out for trees and branches falling on you - I might feel safer above the trees!!! might be a "blowdown creation" day. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Last edited:
It is definitely going to be an interesting weekend. The weather channel is calling for calm winds on Sunday so it looks like my ridge hike should be a go.

Yesterday's storm was a doozy! Downpours, winds, lightning. One strike behind my house made the whole building shake. Nasty stuff!

I can hear the Mad River, still angry and high across the street. Heard the Valley got some snow and that Moosilauke is white capped.

Hike safe everyone!

Latest posts