depth of avalanch lake?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blacklab2020

Reaction score
Clarksville, MD Avatar: Babo, SE Arete, Summit
Although shallow around the edges, the steep adjacent cliffs might give the impression that this lake has the potential to be deeper?? Any indication of this despite landslides that may fill in and deposit here.

It might be interesting to hear numbers on depths of other nearby lakes... henderson, duck hole, ausable (another potentially deep one).

I wonder how deep it is too. I only found this info - it is the highest lake in NY at 2900 ft

blacklab2020 said:
Although shallow around the edges, the steep adjacent cliffs might give the impression that this lake has the potential to be deeper??
The ALS data says max depth is 7 meters.

Speck Pond in ME was once rumored to be 260 feet deep, my sister was disappointed to not get there until after AMC Research measured it as 35 feet.

blacklab2020 said:
Although shallow around the edges, the steep adjacent cliffs might give the impression that this lake has the potential to be deeper?? Any indication of this despite landslides that may fill in and deposit here.

It might be interesting to hear numbers on depths of other nearby lakes... henderson, duck hole, ausable (another potentially deep one).

Hey, you should start from the bottom and rock climb out of it. :D

Bet that would be a first.

Latest posts