Devils Path Walk

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zer0-G

Reaction score
Hi All,
Here I go again. (I'm competing with Doodles for walking companions).
This is a little different this weekend.
This is an overnight backpack and a 22 mile walk on the devils path.
We'll be bagging - Indian head to Westkill. With a side trip to Southwest Hunter and possibly Hunter as well.

Anybody out there interested in joining me and Wayne "Iron Horse" Huebner?
details to follow.
let me know.

Hey Zero-G

How you doing? If no one signs on for the two car trip I might see you in the Westkill, Southwest Hunter area.
Let me know when you plan to be in and around those two. Maybe I'll run into you guys. If I get there I will also try to hit Rusk on the same day.

Take care. Doodles

Doin' well Doodles. Thanks for asking.
I'll let you know where we'll be camping out as the weekend draws closer.
Ronnie

Hi all,

Sorry for the delay. I am still planning on going on a weekend back pack this weekend. Here are the plans for now. After I consult with my hiking partner, we may change the plans due to weather concerns. I'll post changes up until 8 pm this evening, if there are any.

Anyway, if anyone wants to join us on either Sat. or Sun. Please do.

Now, there is a possibility for heavy snowfall Sat. evening into Sunday morning. The weather forecast this evening will tell us a lot more. There are two computer models of the storm, one projects it missing the other is a nice 10 to 12 inches north of the city.

Our Initial and current plans are:

Leave from Platte Clove Road, the LP trail head , follow the trail over Indian Head to Devils tombstone and possibly to the Lean-to near southwest Hunter.
Make camp at/near the Devils Acre lean-to.

If you are coming just for Saturday, we can arrange a shuttle to drop your car off at the parking area on Rt. 214.

The remainder of the trip is from the lean-to - to Hunter then SW hunter and Westkill- about face and out at Spruceton road. If it snows it'll be a real challenge. Should be fun.

If you want to Join us on Sunday, park at 214 and walk in to the leanto. We will probably leave the Devils Acre lean-to at 7:30. If I know someone will be meeting us. we can wait up until 8:00. But no later.

Plan on being at the second southernmost Diamond Notch Trailhead on Spruceton Road by the around 8 or 8:15 Saturday morning.

We'll shuttle to the start point from there -

Zer0-G

Hey Zero-G

I replied to PM before reading your last post. Answered most of my questions except for next week.

George