Dial, Nippletop, Algonquin, Iroquis and Wright

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MtDews

Reaction score
For my sixtieth birthday (March 6), my wife and I spent a beautiful day walking the ridge from Bear Den to Nippletop. We had planned to return over the same route but opted instead to loop out via Elk Pass. The trail was well defined and the snow became a bit sticky in the afternoon sun. The trek took ten hours to complete from the Ausable Club Lot and back. An absolutely stunning day on the peaks!

On March 10, we went from the ADK Loj to the summit of Algonquin. This moment ranks in the top 5 in our ADK experiences as the warm sun, NO wind and crystal clear views allowed us to spend a long time there. We easily made the journey to Iroquois and then collected Wright as we backtracked to the Loj. An easy day of hiking with perfect trail conditions that found us lingering on each peak for long, peaceful periods. We used MSRs all the way on both days. We LOVE being newly retired and living in the Northcountry now!!!