Dix Range,Giant,RPR loop (Change of Plans)

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blacklab2020

Reaction score
Clarksville, MD Avatar: Babo, SE Arete, Summit
Hi all:

Originally I posted another thread about climbing eagle slide in late september that didnt get much interest.

http://www.vftt.org/forums/showthread.php?t=8715

However, for unrelated reasons (trying to optimize time in the adirondacks and adding one day onto the trip) I have outlined a new trip plan that in its current state is flexible.

Ideally, Day 1: dix range (approach from south fork boquet river to east dix slide, or herd path if wet) finishing near dial pond leanto... Day 2 (easy day): noonmark to base of eagle slide (if conditions are right) OR somewhere near giant. Day 3: Giant (possibly via eagle slide) and RPR to Rt3 9...

This route should be able to accomodate those who might want to do only the dix range in 1-2 days and/or giant/rpr in a day or two. Since I will be at Rte 73 on two occasions on this hike, meeting people on day 2 and carspotting would be totally doable. The dates at this moment are flexible but I am hoping to do this in late september, starting as early as the weekend of the 24th and. I'd like to give it a go as soon as the weather looks good, and could hold out on doing this hike until the second weekend in october.

Look forward to hearing from you guys and also to getting back out to the daks for some great autumn hiking.

Best Regards,
Justin

Last edited:
Well I thougt I would revive this thread since it was posted too soon. Well now I know that I will be going this weekend (Friday night to monday) to do the original loop if the weather stays good. 24-26th. I most likely wont do eagle slide by myself. There is a group that I am going to try and climb with in october for it.

If the weather takes a turn for the worse, I will likely be doing the sewards or santanonis if possible... as long as its not hailing and thunderstorming.

Justin