Don't Miss Alison Gannett's Global Cooling Slideshow Tomorrow!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chinooktrail

Reaction score
Hi All,

I just got the following email and thought I would pass it along. Unfortunately I will not be anywhere in the area, but think that some of you 'city folk' might be able to attend and support.

NEMO PRESENTS ALISON GANNETT'S GLOBAL COOLING SKI ADVENTURE SLIDESHOW IN BOSTON

Celebrate Earth Day with ski movie star, award-winning climate change consultant, and NEMO ambassador, Alison Gannett as she presents her Global Cooling Ski Adventure Slideshow. The evening is hosted by NEMO and Harpoon Helps, Harpoon Brewery's philanthropic arm that supports local charities throughout New England.

EVENING SCHEDULE
DATE: Wednesday, April 22nd
TIME: Doors open at 6 PM with appetizers and Harpoon beer. Silent auction bidding begins.
7-8 PM Global Cooling Ski Adventure Slideshow.
8 PM Silent auction ends with gear from NEMO, Harpoon, EMS, Outside, Keen, Osprey, and SmartWool.
PLACE: Rattlesnake Bar & Grill, 384 Boylston St., Boston
INFO: Contact NEMO at 800-997-9301

The evening promises to educate and entertain. Admission is FREE and open to those 21 and over.

[email protected] • NEMO Equipment, Inc.

Plus, it looks like you could get some decent 'stuff' at great prices, and support a few local companies.

Who Killed the Electric Car?

Many thanks for posting this one; perhaps I will skip out early from the Q&A for the free film that we are showing for Earth Day at Bentley tomorrow, 5:00 pm, Wilder Pavilion, Adamian Academic Center: "Who Killed the Electric Car?" No silent auction for our film.

And, here is a little more on Alison Gannett:

"Watch one woman’s journey to save the world in this multimedia adventure presentation. Follow Alison as she skis vertical faces in Alaska, surfs in Sri Lanka, hula hoops in South Africa and chases glaciers in Pakistan. Alison has spent most of her life working on solutions to global warming. As a proponent of "walking the talk", she designed and built the first straw bale house in a National Historic District in 1997 and made the first-ever conversion of a Ford Escape Hybrid to solar, which gets over 100 miles per gallon. She has led ski expeditions all over the world to document global warming and travels extensively as a global cooling consultant, training such notables as Al Gore's TCP staff. In 2007 she was also nominated by Outside magazine as a Green All-Star, alongside Willie Nelson, Arnold Schwarzenegger, and Leonardo DiCaprio."

Last edited:
Thanks for posting. She did a nice presentation on carbon footprints, a few ski videos and there was free beer.

Check out one of her ski videos which includes some video on her Global Warming mission:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUA59ZxKEVA

and her website which has a lot of good stuff about carbon footprints, climate change and her mission,:

http://www.alisongannett.com/Alison_Gannett/Home.html

Her house in Colorado is made of hay bales. She she grew up in NH and was sking Tuckerman in grade school. Her family owned Crotched Mountain for many years.

She biked from Colgate in New York to the Boston presentation.

Amazing gal who had a lot of real cool stuff to say.

Last edited:
GREAT! I am glad someone made it for the talk and a chance for gear and some free beer.

I would like to hear her talk one of these days.

Maybe we can get Tin Mountain Conservation Center to invite her up this way.

;)