Down Sleeping Bag

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miehoff

Reaction score
I am looking to buy a down sleeping bag, long, rated somewhere around 10 degrees (plus or minus 5 degrees) and I don't want to spend much more than $200. I would love some suggestions. I now own a 40/15 degree Sierra Designs convertible synthetic bag, and an EMS -20 down bag. I am planning a multi-day trip over Thanksgiving and I want to be warm enough, but I feel like my -20 would be overkill.

Thanks.

Here is one option. Please read the specs closely with all Big Agnes sleeping bags. NO insulation on bottom of bag, sleeve for pad, etc. Lots of room...Nice alternative if you feel straight-jacketed in the mummy bags.

Big Agnes

Tempting, very tempting, but for the bag that I would want, I would have to buy their pad, which is another $100 (almost).

Sierra Trading is doing a 20% off over $100 deal today and tomorrow.
They have this Marmot down bag, rated 0, 28 oz of 600 fill down. After discount it would be $148. Maybe a bit heavy at 3lb 12oz.

This is a Mont-Bell "Super Stretch Hugger" bag. 22 oz of 650 fill with a total weight of 2lb 14oz for $212. I like the looks of this bag for the price. You get a free synthetic liner and free shipping here too, I think.

For comparison, this is a Sierra Designs bag with 20oz of 800 fill with a total weight of 2lb 2oz for $292.

Last edited: