Drones and Jet Packs

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skiguy

Reaction score
Could SAR's future in The Whites be headed here?

Drones are already being used by various state agencies. I think FIsh and Game has an underwater drone that is used for looking for underwater objects including bodies. They have access to helicopters with "heat vision" as well as drones used to locate lost folks, typically children or elderly dementia patients.

I saw "Record Jet Suit" and the photo and immediately thought of the next wave of 48 4k peakbaggers. "I did the list in 38 minutes"..... 😣

He flies pretty low to the ground with constant ground visibility. It would probably be more difficult in the Whites given the tree cover. One might need to fly higher with less reliance on visual tracking. Since many rescues involve high winds on Washington and its environs, I also have to wonder how effective it would be in those conditions and what the upper limit would be. Then there's also the factor of added wind chill for the flyer in those extreme winter conditions that often trigger rescue calls. Still, it's an intriguing option. The future is now!

He flies pretty low to the ground with constant ground visibility. It would probably be more difficult in the Whites given the tree cover. One might need to fly higher with less reliance on visual tracking. Since many rescues involve high winds on Washington and its environs, I also have to wonder how effective it would be in those conditions and what the upper limit would be. Then there's also the factor of added wind chill for the flyer in those extreme winter conditions that often trigger rescue calls. Still, it's an intriguing option. The future is now!
Well summarized. Definitely about proper insertion and application. I totally concur on route finding and weather. Does seem in certain circumstances this could be a way of connecting the dots in a given situation.

"My three-year old kid and my unleashed dog droned the winter 4Ks in just over a week. At least we didn't posthole".