Duffy A Hiking Hall Of Famer

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ed'n Lauky

Reaction score
Blairsville GA ......... Avatar-- On top of S
The rescue and adoption branch of the Airedale Terrier Club of America has set up what they call The Hall of Fame. It is essentially a way to recognize and affirm Airedales who have been rescued, many times from very difficult situations and who have gone on to do some very interesting things in life. Many of them will be recognized for Obedience or Agility competitions, or hospital work, or perhaps search and rescue. Duffy is being recognized for his hiking. Duffy was four years old when we got him almost five years ago. He came from a very bad situation and will no doubt carry some of the sequels of those early years for the rest of his life. He is doing very well nevertheless. You can find his story at: http://www.airedalerescue.net/airecomplishments/duffy.html Smile :)

thats great, does he get a plaque and everything?

Of course when I first read the title, I thought there actually was a hiking Hall of Fame. Maybe they should start one - Duffy can be the first dog. Although with standard peakbagging leading to speedbagging and oscure listifying then leading to people making up records just to hold them - hiking seems to be becoming a wierd type of competition, which may or may not be good. A Hall of Fame could just add politics and crap to it.

Last edited:
It was a real pleasure to meet Duffy on Saturday. He was such a gentleman. Congratulations to you for helping him to realize his potential.

Oh yeah, there was something about hiking accomplishments in there too, wasn't there?!

Duffy is adorable! :D I love all the pics of him. What a great story! I love hearing about pets who were rescued and found their way to a loving home. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks so much for your comments. It was great meeting so many of you at the awards ceremonies, those I already knew, those I had never met before but knew from these forums and some whom I had met on the trail this past year but really didn't know. A case in point was Drew whom I had met once on the trails but didn't know who he was. Of the three ceremonies I've been to this was definitely the most fun for me and Duffy loved it too even though he spent most of his time in the car. He tells me he's looking forward to seeing Atticus again. :)

Hall Of Famer !

Congrat's to the Duff-Meister :D It was a pleasure to be able to scratch your ears on Saturday.

What a lucky boy to be able to explore the forest & trails of the north east.
Take extra good care of him as he gets older, as he will rarely indicate that he isn't ready to go for an excursion.

One of the best hiking companions you could ever dream to share the trails with for sure. Lucky you Ed !!!

Cath said:
Congrat's to the Duff-Meister :D It was a pleasure to be able to scratch your ears on Saturday.

What a lucky boy to be able to explore the forest & trails of the north east.
Take extra good care of him as he gets older, as he will rarely indicate that he isn't ready to go for an excursion.

One of the best hiking companions you could ever dream to share the trails with for sure. Lucky you Ed !!!
Thanks Cath. You can always tell when you are in the presence of true dog lovers. To talk with you, Tom and Dugan and the same time was quite a treat!

Duffy is so......CUTE and a most incredible dog. His middle name is for sure "LUCKY"!
Airdales are one of my favorite breeds and I might look to adopt one as my next dog.
He is one very special dude! :cool: :cool: :cool:

Ed 'n Duffy said:
Hi Maddy. I'm still trying to put things together here. Was it you that Duffy and I met up on the top of Mt. Carrigain this winter?
No...unfortunately it was not. I would love to meet the "Duffy" team.
I believe there is another Maddy on these boards because I have gotten messages that were meant for her, mostly about VFTT shirts.

Latest posts